Surplus Building Materials LLC
Shipping & Returns Policy
- You may return unused, in-stock, and unopened items within 30 days of delivery or pick up for a full refund, (plus restocking fee and minus the original shipping cost for items that are shipped).
- Products that are special order, out of stock, or that have been altered or modified in any way are NOT eligible for returns, replacements, or refunds.
- Your refund will be issued only after Surplus Building Materials LLC receives the returned product in its original condition and in its original packaging.
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return.
We only ship to the continental US at this time. When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items.
- All pallet/freight items are curbside drop or to the nearest paved curb, not inside the home or garage.
- Please be aware that if your order includes any of our 6'0"X8'0" wrought irons doors they require at least 2-3 people to unload. The door will come disassembled in five separate parts on one pallet.
- The freight shipper (not Surplus Building Materials) will contact you to arrange a drop-off time once the product(s) are in your area.
- Please inspect your product carefully. If you see ANY damage to the outside and inside of the box, you must either note on the delivery ticket or refuse the shipment.
- Please make sure that the person receiving the shipment inspects the pallet(s) for any visible damage. All visible damage on the outside or inside MUST BE NOTED on the shipping ticket.
- Please do not sign the shipping ticket if any damage is visible. We will not be able to reimburse any exterior damage claims if those are not noted on the delivery ticket.
- Each shipment will have Drop-N-Tell or Tip-N-Tell Indicators attached (either or may have both). If the arrow is blue on one or both of the indicators you must note on delivery ticket that the indicator was tripped. This indicates that your freight has been handled "less than gently".
- Any concealed damage must be reported to us within 24 hours of item(s) receipt and will be considered on a case by case basis. Refunds for concealed damage are NOT guaranteed.
Store Pickup Policy
- If you are picking up at our store please call before arrival.
- Product(s) can take up to 30 minutes to pull.
- Please note that certain product(s) here can take up to one hour to pull as they require disassembly (example: irons doors).
- Most special order items are not available for pickup at our store. We will give you the necessary information as to where you will need to pickup your items when your order is ready.
Holding You Order
- We will hold your item(s) that you purchased in-store up to 7 days. This includes any item(s) purchased online that you are picking up at our store location.
- However, we will not hold any item(s) purchased online that require shipping.